Update v1.0.1! (& v1.0.2!) & NEW HATS, Oh My!
June 16th, 2021 • Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Today we’re launching v1.0.1 (& v1.0.2) of Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion!
While this update mainly focuses on bug fixes, improvements to features, and general quality of life improvements, we’ve managed to sneak in a few hats!
Before we dive into the gameplay changes and bug fixes, let’s talk about our new hats. We have four new hats (some are platform specific) that you’ll be able to access from the mailbox outside of Turnip Boy’s greenhouse. Here’s a preview of one of them - Cat ears are in! =^._.^=
WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW!
- Added new hats!
- Added Traditional Chinese & Korean localization! (v1.0.2) (PC exclusive)
- Implemented God% as a possible speedrun route. (This requires you to beat the secret boss in a typical Any% run.)
- Added a sign in the graveyard to help teach players that they can dig up graves with their Soil Sword.
- Swapped A & B inputs for everything on Switch!
- Ellan’s Boombloom doesn’t spawn until you encounter the rest of the I.R.S. in the secret boss fight.
- The Mission board now has an ok button to make closing it more intuitive.
- Petalportals now have an effect to show they’re slowly dying.
- The game now uses borderless fullscreen.
- Added the option to swap confirm & back’s controls for those on controllers who would enjoy this.
- Achievements now should attempt to unlock every time you enter an area. This does not include the achievement for blowing up the nuke in the mafia base, although you can trigger that achievement again by simply doing it again. (Make sure you aren’t using God Mode!)
- Added a popup for when you collect all the tax documents telling you what to do next.
- Added the quickswap buttons to the collection screen UI.
- Added a community menu on the main menu with information as to how to join our Discord!
- Improved the keyblock disappear particle effect.
- Made the read screen for documents easier to read by removing text effects. (v1.0.2)
- Fixed a bug where the shaking audio the wardrobe makes in the Bomb Bunker wouldn’t stop playing when Turnip Boy leaves the room.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent Movemelons from properly allowing Turnip Boy to push them if they were grown before Turnip Boy got the Move Mittens.
- Fixed the softlock players were encountering in the southern area of the Forgotten Forest.
- Fixed an issue where Liz’s scream audio would play multiple times at once.
- Fixed a typo on the directions sign in the Plain Plains.
- Fixed the it’s used in the Rotten Cat Apple’s boss description.
- Fixed an issue where touching an enemy even while in the hit-stunned state would shake the screen instead of just being on hit.
- Slightly moved the sign in the northern Forgotten Forest to cover less of the puzzle.
- Fixed a bug with time stopping not being registered when paused, which broke the on screen button prompts.
- Improved the look of the document popup when it first appears.
- The game will now properly deal with tampered save files. (WARNING: do not manually edit your save file, as now the game will delete it to prevent several crashes.)
- Humans will now no longer appear in the Bomb Bunker if they already have attempted to flee, regardless of if the player leaves the area before they fully flee.
- Option selectors should now properly use the correct fonts when swapping languages. (v1.0.2)
We hope this update resolves some common issues, and we hope your turnip experience is fun as heck!
TURNIP PLUSH TURNIP PLUSH (AGAIN?)
July 6th, 2023 • Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
We're teaming up with Makeship to bring you TURNIP BOY PLUSHIES!!! AGAIN???
Turnip Boy Robs a Bank for the Nintendo Switch???
June 29th, 2023 • Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
WOAH!!! NINTENDO SWITCH!!! WOAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Wow! We're three today!
May 20th, 2023
Holy crap, we made it to year three!