Daily Challenge Contests are here! (also a patch!)
April 16th, 2022 • Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Are y’all turnips ready to compete in a contest?
Today we’re introducing Daily Challenge Contests in our latest patch, v1.1.2! Daily Challenge Contests are a Steam-exclusive limited-time contest where you can compete to get the farthest in the Daily Challenge for real prizes! We’re planning on hosting several of these, and our Discord is the best place to find out when we’re hosting them!
This update is launching today on Steam and other PC platforms, and will be making it’s way to the Nintendo Switch & Xbox in a little bit!
- Introduced limited-time Daily Challenge Contests! You’ll also be able to see if a Daily Challenge Contest is active by looking at the leaderboards in Sunset Station! (Steam only! Internet connection required!)
- Added Japanese localization!
- Riot shield now blocks poison!
- Added an option to turn off movement camera panning.
- Add deadzones on both the right and left sticks on controllers. (This should help combat slight Joycon drift for everyone playing on the Nintendo Switch!)
- Slightly moved Tots over to the left to prevent soft-locking.
- The “retry” text when dying now says “continue” on the Limitless Line to help communicate that when you die, it returns you to Sunset Station, and doesn’t instantly start a new run.
- Added a sub shop sign near the Waysandwich sandwich shop.
- Holding F12 on the main menu of the game will reset your keybinds. This action cannot be rebound, which will allow people who mess up their keybinds to restore them to default.
- Daily Challenges have been completely overhauled, and now reset at midnight EST worldwide. (Steam only! Internet connection required!)
- Plastic fangs should no longer revive and softlock the player if you kill an enemy while dying.
- Optimized downloading leaderboards on Steam to combat longer loading screens. (Steam only!)
- Fixed the “Unsupported Platform” message appearing on the Nintendo Switch, regardless of if they have obtained a Daily Ticket.
- Removed the introduction videos and replaced them with static logos to provide better support for Linux & the Steam Deck.
- Fixed a bug where the game would display “1” instead of “100%” when speedrunning.
- Moved some trees to prevent the player from going past the load zone in the area of the Weapon Woods with the road.
We hope to see y’all on the leaderboards!
September 23rd, 2022 • Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Today we’re launching v1.1.3 of Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion!
read more »
Uhh... Was that a turnip plush? With a gun?
September 20th, 2022 • Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
Alright, we hear you loud and clear! The Turnip Boy plush is back, and now he's armed and dangerous!
read more »
Announcing... Turnip Boy Robs a Bank!
September 14th, 2022 • Turnip Boy Robs a Bank
Uhh... Was that a turnip? With a gun?
read more »